The leading characteristics of Pulsatilla Homeopathic medicine
- Diarrhoea: only or usually at night; as soon as they eat; from fruits, impure water, cold food or drinks; no two stools alike; changeable.
- Styes: Especially on upper lid; from eating fat, rich food or pork.
- Toothache: Worse from warm things and heat of the room; relieved by holding cold water in the mouth (Bryonia); during pregnancy.
- Metastasis (transfer) of mumps to testicles or mammary glands.
- Gonorrhoeal orchitis (inflammation of testicles); rheumatism; stricture of urethra, urine passes only in drops.
- Ailments from fats, rich food, fruits, getting feet wet, suppressed menses, exposure to cold, pregnancy.
- Otalgia (earache) worse at night; better from cold applications.
- Sub-acute conjunctivitis with dyspepsia; worse in warm room.
- Dysentery with mucus and blood, with chilliness; no two stools alike.
- Cough from fatty food; urine emitted with cough; after measles.
- Urticaria after rich food; from delayed menses; worse undressing; with diarrhoea.
- Malarial fever with absence of thirst in all stages; one-sided sweats.
- Catarrhal conjunctivitis, worse from warm applications and better from cold applications.
- Incontinence of urine in young girls who have leucorrhoea; the desire comes on suddenly and they wet their clothes or bed; urine is turbid.
- Hydrocele with Pulsatilla temperament and characteristic symptoms.
- Incipient tuberculosis with delayed menses; with cough and loss of weight.
- Sterility due to profuse chronic leucorrhoea.
- Phantom pregnancy; woman imagines that she is pregnant, with other symptoms of Puls.
- One of the best remedies to begin within the treatment of a chronic case.
- Asthma of children who are allergic to fats, rich food, fruits.
- Asthma of women with irregular menses.
- Ailments with chill, weeping easily, thick and bland discharges, changing or contradictory symptoms; worse in evening, and lying on left side; thirstlessness; desires cool open air.
- Chronic nasal catarrh: Discharge thick yellow, greenish, offensive.
Pulsatilla is suited to these type of patients
(a) Children: with pale face, blue eyes, liking fun and caresses; weepy; want company; averse to warmth; no two stools alike;
(b) Girls: fleshy, affectionate, mild, gentle, timid; weep easily; with scanty, delayed menses; derangements at puberty; feel uncomfortable in warm and closed room, better in open air. Epilepsy with absence or irregularity of menses; milk in breasts from tight clothing’s;
(c) Women: weep while giving out symptoms to the doctor; like company and consolation; symptoms ever changing, must have fresh air; threatened abortion, flow ceases and then returns with increased force; pains spasmodic, excite suffocation and fainting; suppressed menses from wet feet; intermittent, changeable and clotted; chilliness attended with menses; leucorrhoea acrid, excoriating, and burning; diarrhoea during or after menses. Helps in normalizing the malposition of foetus and spurious labour pains; useful in complaints of pregnancy, like vomiting, diarrhoea, heartburn and bladder troubles; retained placenta;
(d) Patients: anaemic, chlorotic (with greenish pallor of skin), who have taken much iron, quinine and tonics, even years before; who are badly affected by taking rich, fatty, indigestible food; worse in the evening at twilight; who feel chilly in warm room, awake unrefreshed after sleep; the first serious impairment of health is referred to puberty, “never been well since” – anaemia, chlorosis, bronchitis; phthisis; symptoms ever changing; pains rapidly shifting from one part to another; pains attended with chilliness; the more severe the pain, the more severe the chill; pains appear suddenly and leave gradually; thirstlessness with nearly all complaints; great dryness of mouth in the morning without thirst; all gone sensation in stomach in tea drinkers; discharges thick, bland and yellowish green; want head high on two pillows; lie with hands above head; worse from letting the affected limb hang down.
Pulsatilla compared with other Homeopathic medicines
|Left sided, particularly lower left and upper right.||Right sided, particularly lower right and upper left.|
|Itching generally unchanged by scratching.||Itching changed or aggravated by scratching.|
|Eyes protruding.||Eyes sunken.|
|Acute sensitive smell.||Predominant loss of smell.|
|Cough generally dry.||Cough most frequently with expectoration.|
|Predominantly better from warmth.||Predominantly worse from warmth.|
|Upper right, lower left side.||Upper left lower right side.|
|Complains of pain in external parts.||Complains of pain in internal parts.|
|Sensitive to touch in internal parts.||Sensitive to touch in external parts.|
|When asleep lying on side.||When asleep lying on back, often with arms thrown over the head.|
|Ailments from disappointed love.||Ailments from vexation or excessive joy.|
|Generally improved by eating bread.||Worse from eating bread.|
|Complains predominantly in forearm and instep.||Complaints predominantly on upper arm and sole of foot.|
Sensitive to pain, irritable
|Attitude of child||Cling, whiny babies
Symptoms may change/fluctuate.
|Angry, impatient, hard to please babies,
Symptoms provoke temper tantrums
|Attitude of parent||Sympathetic, pity||Despair, frustration|
|Discharge||Thick, yellow or green||Watery, clear|
|Thirst||None or very little||Very thirsty|
|Temperature||Better with cold/fresh cool air
Can’t stand to be hot
|Better with heat/warm
Can’t stand to be chilly
|Motion||Wants to be carried slowly/cuddled||Wants to be bounced around/restless|
|Earache||Sensitive to touch; sensation of being
“stopped up”; better with warmth
|Worse at night; not better with warmth|
|Cough||Dry in PM/loose, productive in AM||Dry|
|Add’l Modalities||Better with touch, gentle massage||Worse when touched or even looked at|
|Dosing:||For infants: Dissolve 4 pellets in ¼ cup of water, stirring or shaking vigorously. Continue with dosing directions above using 1 teaspoon of the liquid instead of the pellets.||For children 2 yrs and older: place one pellet of the selected remedy in a 6C or 30C (preferable) potency under the tongue every 5 minutes, 3 times in a row. Repeat one pellet every 4 hours, reducing the frequency as there is improvement. If there is no improvement after 3 doses consider a different remedy. If symptoms get worse, seek medical advice.|
Pulsatilla Patient profile
Personality & temperament : Although Pulsatilla types adapt to different people and circumstances, their flexibility verges on indecision. They are not assertive; find it difficult to express anger, and avoid confrontation in order to keep the peace. However beneath this compliant exterior lies considerable resilience. Readily empathic with people or animals in distress, they tend to be swayed by emotion rather than by thought. They cry easily with little self-restraint, eliciting the comforting reassurance and consolation they need.
Food Preferences: Likes: Rich, sweet foods: cakes, pastries, chocolate, cold foods and drinks (although seldom thirsty), peanut butter.Dislikes: Butter, pork, eggs, fruit and spicy foods. Upset by: Mixtures of foods.
Fears: Enclosed spaces and crowds, being alone, darkness, ghosts, insanity and death.
Better: For gentle movement, fresh air and in cool, dry conditions.
Worse: For heat, stuffiness, sudden cooling, in the evening, lying on the left side, for prolonged standing, premenstrual.
Pulsatilla types are almost always women. They are sweet natured, shy, kind and gentle. Often dependent on others for support, they gratefully accept guidance and advice. They make friends easily.
Pulse: Pustallia people tend to be plump with fair hair and blue eyes. They flush or blush easily.
Weak areas of the body
- Female reproductive organs.
The Pulsatilla Child
Type 1: Small, fair, fine-boned and inclined to blush. Bright, cheerful and affectionate, yet shy and sensitive.
Type 2: Plump, with darker hair more languid and weepy, craves reassurance and affection but is slow to reciprocate.
- Become more lively as the day goes on, but they are nervous at bedtime and afraid of the dark.
- Sensitive to weather changes, particularly to cold. Even an ice cream in hot weather can trigger stomach upsets and earache. Flag in hot weather and become irritable and weepy.
- Prone to stuffy colds with excessive mucus, Feel much better outdoors.
- Feel giddy on looking up at anything high.
Pulsatilla Homeopathy medicine: medicinal uses, drug benefits, side effects
|Female problems||Pulsatilla is a specific healing matter for women. The famous plant extends its effective range all over the body, beginning in the mood regulation and catarrhal states all around. But here above all it regulates plenty of bad situations in the uterus region in a reliable matter. So the complete remedy is very worth full for all women. Check Adel 15 drops|
|Weepy can not tell symptoms for tears, White discharge acrid, burning, creamy. Check Bakson Pelvi Aid Tablets|
|Menses suppressed, appear too late and are scanty. Check Allen A72 Menopause Drops|
|Leucorrhoea milky thick like cream, acrid, with pain in back and exhaustion. Check Allen Menstrol Leucorrhoea Tonic|
|Urinary Tract Infection||Pulsatilla pratensis relieves catarrh of all mucous membranes, including the urogenital tract. It stimulates systemic excretion of toxins from infections by improving function of the liver, stomach, intestines and gallbladder. Check Adel 29 drops|
|Prostatitis||Prostatitis, orchitis gonorrhoica, turbid and yellowish urine, hypertrophy of the prostate gland. Pain in groins. Check Reckeweg R 25 drops.|
|Urine passed only in drops, Acute prostatitis. Check Dr.Bakshi B13 Prostatitis drops|
|Convulsions||Promotes vicarious effects in general, in the sense that diseases stifled in the past are rediscovered as an effect of vicariation. Check Reckeweg R33 drops|
|Epileptic convulsions. Check Dr.Bakshi B44 Convulsion drops|
|Bed Wetting||Incontinence of urine, particularly in girls. Check Reckeweg R74 drops|
|Cystitis||Effective in Involuntary micturition at night. Spasmodic pain in bladder after urine. Check Schwabe German Enuroplant Drops|
|Inflamed Mucosa||Lids inflamed, agglutinated (Blepharitis), Catarrhal otitis. Check Dr.Bakshi B60 Inflamed Mucosa drops|
|Sinusitis||Chronic bland yellow discharge, coryza. Check Dr.Bakshi B22 Sinus Drops|
Buy Pulsatilla Homeopathic medicines online
|Pulsatilla Mother Tincture Q||SBL
|Pulsatilla Dilution (available in 6c, 30c, 200c, 1m, 10m)||SBL
|Pulsatilla Pills (available in 6c, 30c, 200c, 1m, 10m)||Boiron Pulsatilla 30c, 200c Pillules, Multi Dose|
|Pulsatilla Complexes/Specialities||Baksons Dr.Bakshi’s Nasal Aid
Bhargava Lumboral Tablets
Bakson Fem Aid tonic
SBL Pelvorin Tablets
Dr.Bakshi B13 Prostatitis Drops
Dr.Reckeweg Homeo R42 drops
Bhargava Leukona F Syrup
Bakson Formula P Tablets
Adel 29 Akutur Drops
Allen A22 Leucorrhoea Drops
Hahnemann Pharma Femolin
Dr.Raj Sinocold Drops
Wheezal WL12 Enuresis Drops
SBL Drops No 7
Dr.Reckeweg R74 drops
SBL Utrofyne Syrup
Side effects of Pulsatilla
Breathing problems or tightness in your throat or chest
Skin hives, rash, or itchy or swollen skin.
The post Compendious on Pulsatilla; indications, benefits, dosage, side effects appeared first on Homeopathy Remedies.